JSC Research Center of Construction is a scientific and engineering leader in the field of construction in Russia.
Through more than 90 years, Center operates to secure efficiency, reliability and safety of construction and civil and industrial engineering works and the Russian building sector.
JSC Research Center of Construction carries out R&D (theoretical, appraisal survey, applied), provides innovations and implementation thereof, develops standard technical documents (design and construction specifications, GOSTs, project specific technical specifications, etc.). JSC Research Center of Construction is the leading company in the Russian building science, architecture and engineering. Company implements key governmental initiatives and projects.
Our mission: To lead in invention, development and implementation of construction materials and technologies to make urban living environment safe and comfortable.
Research Center of Construction has 47 research laboratories combined into three well-known scientific research institutes:
Research Institute of Building Constructions (TSNIISK) named after V. A. Koucherenko,
Research Institute of Concrete and Reinforced Concrete (NIIZHB) named A.A. Gvozdev,
Research Institute of bases and underground structures (NIIOSP) named after N. M. Gersevanov.
Number of people employed is about 900. Among the employees there are 32 Doctors of science and 149 PhDs.
One of business areas of Research Center of Construction is development and introduction of innovative products. By 2015 Center has 92 patents, 46 inventions, 29 utility models and 5 trademarks. Among patented inventions of Research Center of Construction are:
- Aggregate for very light aggregate concrete «Termogran»
- Continuous flight augering compensation pile
- Geotechnical barrier in vertical and inclined plane using compensation grouting technique
- Coating neutralizing ammonia emission
- Combined piled-raft foundation
- Test procedure of large-diameter bored pipes
- 1,5-2,0-fold heavy-duty piles (preferred bored and cement soil)
- Self-stressing concrete
- Soil compaction technique by use of special facilities